CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Busy as a Bee

Wow, the holidays are upon us. I'm excited to have so many fun things going on! I love staying busy and yet dread the stress of keeping up with it all. But even the stress is a little fun itself. Andrew is loving this season. He keeps asking for snow because he wants to build a tunnel in it and eat it. Mom is grossing out over that, but ah well, as long as it's not yellow we're all good. On an sadder note he keeps asking if we're ever going to move back to our house. This started because we went to our old neighborhood on Sunday and he saw our house. He knows other people live there but it's sad to hear him ask about it. This morning he tells me "We can't have Christmas in our apartment, it's not our home". Try explaining to a 4 year old that HOME is where we all are together, no matter where that is. He was asking why exactly it is that we moved... so I told him it's because Mommy had to go back to work and we had to move closer to his school. Then he tells me he wants me to work at Walton Centennial, the property I worked at right before AMLI, instead of where I work now. It took me a minute to figure out why he's saying that, and then it hit me... it's because we lived at our house when I worked for Walton, and now we don't and I work for AMLI. Damn he's smart. I tried to tell him one day Mommy would buy him a house again, but he doesn't believe me. I will though... so he should. And I may just let him pick it out if he's lucky. :)

So back to buzzing like bees. Andrew's birthday party is this weekend. It's hopefully going to be small and easy, but nothing ever stays small and easy with me.

Christmas parties and Birthday parties, get togethers and nights with friends. I love this time of year. I can probably say that about most times of year, except the dead middle of summer. There is just nothing really good about the dead middle of summer at all in my opinion. Yes, it's COLD now, but all the reason to snuggle in blankets and drink hot chocolate right??? Taking time from being so busy to relax and enjoy the season and good company.

There, that's my hallmark moment for the day. Hope you got a good visual. Lemme get back to some kind of work..........

0 comments: