CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Someone call the waaaaambulance

Things have been sickly around here the last few weeks. I just needed to write a time line of how exactly this summer has gone. Maybe if I vent it out, it will just halt the germs....

June was okay. I battled some personal issues but all in all it was a healthy month at least.

July saw me in terrible back pain and muscular tightness. I was terribly stressed out and that's what happens to me. I ended up tightening up all over my upper back and neck to the point where I couldn't even move one little bit without shooting pain. Had to call a friend to help me get the boys to school and take me to the doctor to get a shot in my hip to reduce the inflammation of the muscles. At the same time we all battled pink eye. Ryan got it first, then me. My infection never went away and I ended up with a real bad infection in my cornea. I was having BAD pain in my eyes and my vision was blurred. To the point where I could barely read the screen or signs. 2 visits to the eye doc and I was good to go. It's still blurry in my right eye, but at least I can see.

August started off well, but holy cow it got bad. Andrew got walking pneumonia and swimmers ear at the same time. He had to do breathing treatments and drops and all kinds of stuff! It was stressful to say the least. The ear problem was worse than the pneumonia. He did the treatments just fine, but hated the drops and for anyone to even look in his ear was a nightmare. Then just as we were getting over that, Ryan got head lice. WHAT??? Seriously? Yeah, so that was a day of cleaning and washing and picking with a little comb and all that fun stuff. I never once saw an egg or a bug, but we all got treated none the less. After that he started with some really bad congestion. His chest and nose were really yucky. He wasn't acting himself and I took him in but nothing was wrong other than a cold. After that he started a fever of 101, then 102 then finally 103. They said it was nothing.... NOTHING. I think it was roseola. Whatever it was it seems to have gone away. PLEASE for the love of God can we please not be sick for at least a month. It's not even flu season yet. Ah-chooooooo.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow, girl!! That sounds like a rough summer of illness!! It is especially hard when you are sick and trying to take care of your little ones. I will be sending KEEP THE GERMS AWAY vibes towards Atlanta!

Jen and Ty said...

Awww Shay, sounds like you have had a rough summer. I know how hard it can be to be sick and have sick kid (and I am sure 2 is twice as hard). I hope you guys have a great Sep and everyone stays healthy for you.

Jen

Tired Mom of Six said...

Hope your sickies go away and that your fall/winter are healthy as can be!

Miss you!