CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

All I want for Christmas...

I am blessed with the funniest and most clever kid! I adore the way he cracks me up daily. Andrew and I were sitting on the couch watching TV. I had let him stay up late because I felt like we haven't had a lot of just "us" time, so we were chatting about Christmas.



"What do you want for Christmas?" I ask him.

"I want what's in the trunk" He replies.... because he was with me when we bought some gifts the other day... smartass.

"Ok..well aside from that, what do you want from Santa?"

He thinks....

"I want a hundred bucks!" he declares.

"WOW! what do you want a hundred bucks for?"

He thinks again... then tells me "well, because that's a lot of money"

"Yes, it is a lot of money. What else do you want?" I reply.

He thinks, and thinks, and thinks...

Then he finally states:

"I want yarn."

after I compose myself from laughing like a banchee, I dare to ask him why.

"Well, because I don't have any yarn"



Later I call his dad. I tell him the story... but stop at the $100 request.

His dad says "I can do that! I'll get him $100!".

"Good!" I tell him, "because I'm getting him YARN!"



1 comments:

Melissa said...

I wanna trade kids with you! Neither one of mine want yarn!! Well played on the $100 thing with daddy...I always knew you were a smart girl!