CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 11, 2008

Day Care Drama

Sweet Baby Ryan. That's what we called him for the first year of his life. He was so quiet, so calm, so easy peasy. Just a sweeeeeet giant sized baby. (9 lbs at birth, 2 feet tall). Oh my how things change. Ryan is in the process of getting kicked out of daycare. Kicked out. Seriously. Like expelled... for being MEAN. He's a biter and a scratcher and a pincher. He does it out of meanness and frusteration. Ryan still isn't talking much, so it is believed that his speech delay is causing his Chuck Norris Complex to get a little out of control. I'm in the process of finding a home care place for him or something of that sort. I'm also waiting for Babies Can't Wait to get off their tales and get our evaluation process started so we can begin therapy for him. Ryan is about 6 months behind developmentally and it's getting to the point where he needs to catch up, or he's going to slip further and further. These are important milestones we're missing out on here. And no, I'm not judging from Andrew's performance as a toddler, because let's face it, that was out of control advanced. I'm evaluating him based on the general milestones all kids his age should be reaching. So I'll let BCW see what they think and hopefully we'll get him some help soon. I don't want to be in the dark on all this and be that parent that thinks her kid is perfect when really he should be wearing a helmet.

Suprisingly enough, I'm not stressing!!! I'm praying alot. A LOT. I am carrying my crosses and I haven't had to stop to take a breath yet, so as long as I can keep up I'll be A-OK.

0 comments: